CareersSystems Engineer (Healthcare IT, Technical Implementations/Upgrades)
Our team is passionate about transforming healthcare. We are growing rapidly and seeking individuals who want to pitch in and grow a company in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in Charlotte, NC. If you are highly motivated to work with a great team to ensure our healthcare products are implemented and supported effectively, lets connect. Check out our team at www.perahealth.com.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise and hands-on implementation, testing and support of PeraHealth’s intelligence solutions within hospitals and health systems. This role works with customers, project managers and other stakeholders to understand the customer’s technical infrastructure/environment and ensure optimal operations of PeraHealth’s products.
- Lead successful technical implementations of PeraHealth solutions including: o server set up and LDAP/SSO integration discussions o install and configure PeraHealth software o implement data interfaces o perform data profiling o test and validate products relative to customer operations o provide guidance on infrastructure requirements provide technical leadership and recommendations to implementation team
- Align closely with the project managers in driving successful product installations and upgrades ensuring key milestones and customer service level agreements are met
- Provide technical guidance during the solution deployment to the clinical teams
- Lead deployment of product updates and testing of customer upgrades/changes to EHR systems and data interfaces
- Provide ongoing customer support, documentation and troubleshooting of production issues including occasional support outside of regular work schedule
- Provide knowledge transfer of how production issues are resolved, including maintaining appropriate documentation
- Develop and execute SQL scripts for customer reports and data integrity scenarios; participate in QA of new product releases
- Track, analyze and escalate product/customer concerns to account managers and/or product management to bring about effective resolution
- Maintain up to date documentation of customer environments, status, issues, other set up/configuration in JIRA and Confluence
- Make recommendations for streamlining and/or automating processes
- May handle multiple installations in parallel and at different stages of implementation
- Travel to customer site as needed (~ 10%)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a systems engineer and/or implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting software applications. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience with databases and ability to write and run moderately complex SQL queries
- Experience with EHR implementations such as Epic, Cerner or Allscripts
- Experience with HL7 standards or web services data interfaces
- Demonstrates understanding of troubleshooting methodologies, steps and tools
- Experience with LDAP and other Application Programming Interfaces
- Experience utilizing Confluence and JIRA for documentation and issue management preferred
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong customer service orientation; anticipates and acts on what’s needed
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities; high attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent communication skills; attentive listener and ability to translate technical speak into business language
- Reliable and dependable with self-initiative
- Love of troubleshooting and puzzle solving
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver solutions under time pressure
- Agile learner, with a strong desire and ability to improve processes and operations
PeraHealth is transforming healthcare through the intelligent use of data. By leveraging the Rothman Index, a validated patient acuity score, PeraHealth’s clinical surveillance software solutions enable healthcare providers to identify at-risk patients sooner for earlier intervention. More than 80 leading hospitals and care providers, such as Yale New Haven Health System, Houston Methodist, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center utilize PeraHealth’s real-time, predictive analytics to improve quality and reduce costs. For more information, visit PeraHealth.com and @PeraHealth.
PeraHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer