CareersSenior UI Software Developer
Our team is passionate about transforming healthcare. We are growing rapidly and seeking individuals who want to pitch in and grow a company in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in Charlotte, NC. If you are an innovative and experienced developer with a passion for designing with the end user in mind, lets connect. Check out our team at www.perahealth.com.
The Senior UI Software Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, implementation and maintenance of PeraHealth products. They will be accountable for the completion of the project according to committed timelines, and overseeing other developers assigned to support the project within the scope of that project’s delivery. They must have a concrete understanding of the methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring and support standards across products and communicate them as appropriate. The Senior UI Software Developer will work collaboratively and effectively within and across teams, primarily with Product Management, Development, Analytics, Sales and Account Management. They are expected to provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the development team in regard to UI-development.
This role will have a large influence on the direction of the UI-products and lifecycle, and that will be the primary focus of the position. Initial projects include migrating our current UI products from AngularJS to Angular, in addition to new product development.
Future opportunities include working with the backend as well as with mobile technologies. This is a smaller development team, so you have the opportunity to be a high-impact member and add value from the first day.
- Lead the design and implementation of new innovative product development, including velocity estimation, sprint planning, documentation, and support
- Accountable for the delivery of complex development projects, with appropriate test coverage, in accordance with the committed timelines
- Share expertise with the development team and provide mentorship to software developers and associate software developers
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Maintain existing life-saving products
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure that adequate testing coverage is maintained
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and screening
- Participate in sprint planning, task estimation, design discussions, and standups
- Support and troubleshoot issues
- Participate in creating and updating technical documentation
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations, quality systems, and security requirements
- Work effectively as part of the development team and with other PeraHealth teams
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7+ years working as a Software Engineer (preferably in an Agile environment)
- Experience taking a new UI product from the requirement stage through to product delivery
- Desire to learn and work with new technologies
- Experience developing mobile applications is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills both with technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven asset with team development and mentorship
- Willing to speak up and escalate issues as appropriate, even when difficult
- Knowledgeable in Agile best practices, sprint planning, and velocity estimation
- Accountable for commitments
- Resourceful and independent
- Ability to learn and apply technologies at an enterprise level
- Continuous learner – exhibits a willingness to stay current on upcoming technologies, programming methodologies, and make recommendations as appropriate
- Capable of taking a product from the design stage through to delivery
- Aptitude for appropriately clarifying requirements and identifying the simplest solution
- Angular (required)
- Spring (JPA, JDBC, MVC)
PeraHealth is transforming healthcare through the intelligent use of data. By leveraging the Rothman Index, a validated patient acuity score, PeraHealth’s clinical surveillance software solutions enable healthcare providers to identify at-risk patients sooner for earlier intervention. More than 80 leading hospitals and care providers, such as Yale New Haven Health System, Houston Methodist, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center utilize PeraHealth’s real-time, predictive analytics to improve quality and reduce costs. For more information, visit PeraHealth.com and @PeraHealth.
PeraHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer