CareersBusiness Analyst (Healthcare IT)
Reporting to the VP, Product Management, this seasoned Business Analyst functions as a liaison between product management and software engineering in the software development process to articulate product needs and vision. Using PM tools and processes the Business Analyst will be expected to drive and manage strategy analysis, requirements definition, Agile development processes, documentation, risk analysis and high-level product release schedules. The Business Analyst also serves as an expert resource for stakeholders including sales, services, and clients, to present, support, and communicate product and functional status. The successful candidate will share a vision and passion for improving clinical outcomes through health information technology.
- Drives requirements through the development process including prioritization and sprint planning.
- Owns and manages the backlog of product enhancements and defects (JIRA’s). Ensures detailed requirements are obtained and vetted, accurately prioritized and incorporated into sprint planning as needed. Maintains follow-up through resolution.
- Utilizes agile methodology to transform product vision into epics, user stories and requirements artifacts for development teams.
- Works with the product owner(s) and other team members to define, develop, and maintain new products and features.
- Develops and communicates release schedules and features, including internal and external release notes, product guides, and training materials.
- Tests features to ensure that functional and non-functional requirements are achieved.
- Leads planning meetings and manages through conflicting needs.
- Maintains knowledge of health care information technology regulations and industry changes for product relevancy and to fulfill unmet needs.
- Utilizes effective written and verbal communication to collaborate across teams and lines of business.
- Bachelors degree in business or technology related field.
- 5+ years business analysis experience within the healthcare IT environment. EMR vendor experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy to read functional expectations.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation with attention to detail (product guides, training materials, etc.).
- Experience with Agile methodology, leading sprints. ScrumMaster experience a plus.
- Experience working with healthcare data and/or big data
- Detailed decision maker with the ability to manage through ambiguity.
- Highly collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple development projects simultaneously and prioritize work to meet changing environment/deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, assisting the team with the achievement of team productivity goals.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite. Experience using JIRA and Confluence software tools preferred.
- Some travel may be required, up to 5%