CareersDirector - Account Management
Our team is passionate about transforming healthcare. We are seeking individuals who want to pitch in and grow a company in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in Charlotte, NC. If you are a self-motivated clinician, passionate about improving the quality of healthcare and thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment, that values creativity and innovation, lets connect. Check out our team at www.perahealth.com.
The Director, Account Management will serve as the liaison between PeraHealth and its clients. In this role, the Director, Account Management will be responsible for planning and managing key accounts to ensure optimal use and deployment of PeraHealth technology, maximize revenue and profit opportunities, secure results tied to goals (e.g., outcomes, renewals, etc.) and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Director, Account Management is expected to manage the overall customer relationship and implementation of PH solutions for multiple accounts. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Focusing on driving customer delight – Building and maintaining relationships at the customer executive level, collaborating with clinical and operational leaders, and coordinating successful product implementation and clinical deployment.
- Maintaining responsibility for overall strategic account planning and management, with a focus on understanding customers’ strategic priorities and mapping to PH solutions, as well as executing complex, integrated clinical informatics projects.
- Establishing and fostering trusted partnership relations with assigned clients through ensuring exceptional delivery of PH solutions and services.
- Continuously maintaining executive-level relationships and seeking opportunities to create customer references for sales prospects.
- Leading quarterly business reviews to identify PH product opportunities and provide relevant technical and clinical recommendations on current or emerging solutions.
- Ensuring customers are actively engaged in PH user groups, thought leadership forums, care and research collaboratives, and any other relevant PH-derived programs.
- Communicating externally and internally with PH project management and customer stakeholders to keep them apprised of any roadblocks or potential customer issues.
- Engaging with the PH internal technical and clinical teams, as well as subject matter experts when appropriate (SME), to support assigned clients in use of PH products.
- Providing consultative support to assigned clients in an effort to achieve PH-related goals (e.g., implementation timelines, outcomes achievement, renewals).
- Continuously contributing to and collaborating with the PH sales and product teams, sharing knowledge and evidence-based practices with team members.
- Leading or contributing to internal projects and inititaitves, serving as a SME for specific for process areas aligned with their experience and skillset.
- Assisting with escalation of customer and project issues as identified or requested by the customer through direct support or through the support of the PH SMEs Supports the PH sales team in sales campaigns and product expansion initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing feedback on product usability, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Participating in or managing customer interactions with user acceptance testing.
- Acting as a PH SME/ thought leader in sales persuits or other professional forums (i.e., webinars, industry trade shows)
- Maintaining competency with and ability to effectively lead product demonstrations using existing “demo” toolsets; and identifying opportunities for and strategically positioning additional PH products/ solutions within their existing customer base. Collaborates with and supports the PH product management and development functions to provide customer feedback on PH products and solutions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assisting with the coordination/ facilitation of customer feedback sessions, surveys, etc.
- Using prescribed channels and processes to deliver product enhancement and/ or new product ideas, as well as customer complaints or product optimization opportunities.
- Assisting with product testing for “fixes,” enhancements, and/ or new functionality as needed – either directly (self-guided) or indirectly (coordinating customer participation)
- Collaborating on messaging for various communications (“fixes,” upgrades, enhancements, etc.), and leads the customer-facing execution of prescribed communication plans.
- Facilitating on-site customer events, such as project “kick-off” meetings, educational sessions, quarterly account reviews, and SME support (as aligned with skillset)
- Leading or participating in PH office-based events, such as account reviews, product management activities, sales activities, and/ or PH-wide internal meetings.
- 8+ years experience in client management or engagement in the healthcare environment
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in a healthcare-related field; Masters degree is preferred.
- Clinical background preferred (e.g., registered nurse, health administration, applied life science).
- Previous experience with clinical informatics, clinical care and documentation work flows, and clinical improvement project management.
- Experience with customer life-cycle management, from sales prospecting, through initial implementation, to ongoing support, relationship management, and PH product expansions
- Previous experience in a consultative/ supportive sales or sales role is desired
- Previous experience with and ability to effectively operate in a remote work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and achieve mutually beneficial results, such as contract renewals, customer satisfaction, and customer-validated clinical outcomes
- Ability to effectively listen to and communicate with healthcare executives, clinical leaders and SMEs, and information technology personnel
- Experience in facilitative leadership, team-building, and change management practices
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, results-oriented customer service
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks
- Strong customer service orientation; anticipates and is self-motivated to act on strategic and operational imperatives
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent communication skills; attentive listener and ability to translate technical activities and language into common business and healthcare language
- Maintains executive-level professional presence in all customer-related and internal business activities
- Self-directed, agile learner, with a strong desire and ability to improve business processes and operations.
PeraHealth is transforming healthcare through the intelligent use of data. By leveraging the Rothman Index, a validated patient acuity score, PeraHealth’s clinical surveillance software solutions enable healthcare providers to identify at-risk patients sooner for earlier intervention. A high growth healthcare technology company with both premise and cloud offerings, PeraHealth partners with leading health systems to drive desired outcomes. Hospitals and care providers across the country, such as Yale New Haven Health System, Houston Methodist, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center utilize PeraHealth’s real-time, predictive analytics to improve quality and reduce costs. For more information, visit PeraHealth.com and @PeraHealth.
PeraHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer