CareersCIO/VP Information Technology
PeraHealth, an innovative provider of predictive, real-time clinical solutions is partnering with Foster Executive Search to hire a CIO/VP Information Technology. As a high growth healthcare technology company with both premise and cloud offerings, PeraHealth partners with leading health systems to drive desired outcomes. We are looking for a hands-on IT leader who wants to lead and build in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in Charlotte, NC. For confidential consideration, please send resume to email@example.com.
The CIO/VP, Information Technology is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of corporate IT functions. This includes overseeing the technical engineering, quality testing, and systems maintenance of PeraHealth’s intelligence solutions to ensure peak product functionality and data integrity. The VP Technology is also responsible for overseeing the corporate technical infrastructure and security, and managing capital budgeting, purchasing and reporting.
Initial focus for this role includes orchestrating the planning, resources and workload necessary to transition data/systems to the Cloud platform, auditing security and compliance risk and implementing proactive measures. As a key leadership team member, this person will work closely with product management regarding technology solutions for product development and directly with other corporate leaders including client services, account management, sales and marketing.
- Ensures the consistency and maintenance of product applications by creating, maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions, including proper documentation, controls and issue management.
- Oversees detailed timelines for each application release and implements effective control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Develops reliable metrics for hardware, software and storage while ensuring strategic capacity planning.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by product management and customers and recommends technical solutions. Works with product management to prioritize technical features and enhancements
- Oversees the quality assurance program including the execution of software release testing to maintain the integrity of PeraHealth’s clinical data and optimum product functionality
- As the PeraHealth Compliance Officer, establishes compliance policies and processes in accordance with customer contracts, HIPAA, SOC2, QMS and other critical requirements. Conducts or oversees audits and assessments
- Identifies security vulnerabilities and eliminates them with strategic solutions that increase data safety.
- Manages the capital budget and reporting and approves all hardware and software evaluations and vendor contracts
- Works with Client Services to manage new customer onboarding, security and interface nuances
- Works with the sales and marketing teams to proactively manage technical challenges and enable product demos.
- Represents the IT function in customer review meetings.
- Responsible for resolving technology and quality roadblocks
- Contributes to strategic planning decisions regarding business, technology and product decisions with the leadership team.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of direct reports including the Chief Architect, QA Lead, and Manager, IT & Compliance.
- Oversees and supports the Chief Architect accountable for technical product development in executing the product roadmap and schedule.
- Establishes a productive team culture in alignment with PeraHealth’s values.
- Responsible for recruiting/hiring, performance management, salary administration, and the education and mentoring of team members to ensure continued development of their skills and abilities.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in IT management. At least 3 years’ experience in managing SAAS-based commercialization of IT software, quality management and infrastructure.
- Seasoned knowledge of the software development life cycle including planning, requirements, bottoms-up task estimation, architectural design, development, and verification testing
- Hands on experience in managing and delivering multiple IT projects.Experience in cloud computing preferred.
- Experience with state-of-the-art software Agile development tools and processes, including experience utilizing Confluence and JIRA for documentation and issue management
- Excellent leadership capabilities including mentoring managers and developers and leading a team into innovative software technology approaches
- Experience in developing and monitoring processes and standards of performance
- Experience in outsourcing IT work and managing deliverables
- Familiarity with Healthcare IT, HIPAA, HL7 standards and web services data interfaces preferred
- Program/Project management and delivery
- Strong mix of technical knowledge and business acumen with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly collaborative and accountable with customers, peers and direct reports
- Strong customer focus and service orientation; anticipates and acts on what’s needed
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with adherence to maintaining timelines and delivery expectations
- High attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills; attentive listener and ability to translate technical speak into business language
- Nimble, with demonstrated ability to maintain composure and deliver solutions under time pressure and constant change
- Continuous learner, with a strong desire and ability to improve processes and operations
PeraHealth is transforming healthcare through the intelligent use of data. By leveraging the Rothman Index, a validated patient acuity score, PeraHealth’s clinical surveillance software solutions enable healthcare providers to identify at-risk patients sooner for earlier intervention. A high growth healthcare technology company with both premise and cloud offerings, PeraHealth partners with leading health systems to drive desired outcomes. Hospitals and care providers across the country, such as Yale New Haven Health System, Houston Methodist, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center utilize PeraHealth’s real-time, predictive analytics to improve quality and reduce costs. For more information, visit PeraHealth.com and @PeraHealth.
PeraHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer